Bus America, Inc. was founded in 1983 by Robin and Billy Foulon and was run for many years from an office in Woodland Hills, in the San Fernando Valley. The original name of the company was Tour Bookie, Inc. but changed its name to Bus America, Inc. in 2004. Robin and Billy retired in 2005 and the company changed ownership.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Do your buses all have heating and air conditioning? – Yes.
- Do your buses all have toilets? – Yes.
- Do your buses all have reclining seats? – Yes.
- Do your buses all have large luggage bays? – Yes.
- Do your buses all have PA systems, CD, DVD and monitors? – Yes.
- Will an older or infirm person be able to board easily? – All of our buses either “kneel” towards the curb or have stairs which slide down to the curb, or have step stools on board.
- May we bring food and eat on board? – Yes. Please advise beforehand so we can provide you with multiple trash bags for you to clean up.
- May we bring alcohol on board? – Yes provided you are of legal age and agree to abide by the rules set by the driver. No glass containers will be allowed.
- Do we need to tip the driver? – Gratuities are never included without your permission but 10-15% is typical and greatly appreciated by our drivers. We are happy to add the gratuity to your bill, or you may give it to the driver directly.
- May we smoke on board? – No.
- Who will pay for parking, tolls, entrance fees or driver’s overnight accommodation? – All of these will be the client’s responsibility.
- Is there a limit to how many hours we can use the driver in one day? – Yes. California law states that in any 24 hour period a driver may not drive for more than 10 hours without 8 hours rest, or be on duty for more than 15 hours.
- If I direct a driver to park or stop illegally, will I be responsible for any citation received? – Yes.
- Can we pay by credit card? – Yes. We accept Visa and Mastercard. Please notify us at least 3 days ahead of your trip to arrange pre-authorization.
- Do you have a cancellation policy? – Only trips canceled less than 7 days before the day may be subject to a cancellation fee.